Against All Odds [Original Soundtrack]
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$2.20 (10% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- Released: October 25, 1990
- Label: Atlantic
- 1.Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now) - Phil Collins
- 2.Violet and Blue - Stevie Nicks
- 3.Walk Through the Fire - Peter Gabriel
- 4.Balcony - Big Country
- 5.Making a Big Mistake - Mike Rutherford
- 6.My Male Curiosity - Kid Creole & the Coconuts
- 7.Search, The - Larry Carlton / Michel Colombier (title theme, from "Against All Odds")
- 8.Solitario, El - Larry Carlton / Michel Colombier
- 9.Rock and Roll Jaguar - Larry Carlton / Michel Colombier
- 10.For Love Alone - Larry Carlton
- 11.Race, The - Larry Carlton
- 12.Murder of a Friend - Larry Carlton / Michel Colombier
Composer: Michel Colombier.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Kid Creole & the Coconuts; Larry Carlton; Michel Colombier; Mike Rutherford ; Peter Gabriel; Phil Collins; Stevie Nicks; Big Country.
While the soundtrack to the 1984 Out of the Past remake Against All Odds is now best remembered for Phil Collins' classic theme song for the movie, the album also features several other memorable songs, as well as excerpts from Larry Carlton's synthesizer-heavy score. "Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now") remains not only one of Collins' definitive singles, but one of the 1980s' best love songs, a perfect mix of over-the-top drama and genuine emotion that has aged better than anyone might have expected in 1984. The rest of the album, meanwhile, sounds completely of its time, but that's a big part of its appeal; songs such as Stevie Nicks' brooding "Violet and Blue," Mike Rutherford's "Making a Big Mistake," and Big Country's surprisingly dour "Balcony" make the soundtrack a veritable time capsule of mid-'80s mainstream pop. "Walk Through the Fire" may not be one of Peter Gabriel's strongest or most memorable tracks, but it's still a decent example of his ability to mix the experimental with the accessible. Kid Creole & the Coconuts' "My Male Curiosity" sounds just as fey and wolfish, and as playful and stylish, as ever. Carlton's synth-and-guitar-driven score tends toward the melodramatic, particularly on tracks like "Search," "Solitario," and the unintentionally hilarious "Rock and Roll Jaguar," but they're all a part of the fun. While it's not an especially great soundtrack, Against All Odds is still an entertaining '80s artifact. ~ Heather Phares
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE