Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 3 hours, 51 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 17, 2011
- Originally Released: 1975
- Label: Blue Underground
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Note: Interviews with co-writer/director Dario Argento, co-writer Bernardino Zapponi and Goblin (Caludio Simonetti, Massimo Morante, Fabio Pignatelli & Agostino Marangolo)
- Theatrical trailers
- Goblin music video - "Profondo Rosso" (2010) (Directed by Luigi Pastore)
- Daemonia music video- "Profondo Rosso" (Directed by Sergio Stivaletti)
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital EX 6.1 - English, Italian
- PCM Mono - English, Italian
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Uncut - 02/01/2011
4 stars out of 5 -- "A heavy influence on HALLOWEEN....[A] subtly unsettling thriller..."
Sight and Sound - 02/01/2011
"[I]t's a Hitchcockian tease that compiles a number of virtuoso suspense set pieces..."
The murder of a composer's neighbor has ties to the occult book the tunesmith is currently reading. When the songwriter decides to investigate the murder, he finds himself ensnared in a bloody web of intrigue -- particularly when the author of the occult book also turns up dead.
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release: June 11, 1976.
- Director Dario Argento's original cut ran 126 minutes. Most available versions are significantly shorter.
- Argento later opened a shop in Rome named "Profondo Rosso" (the Italian title for "Deep Red"). It featured the "Museo degli Orrori di Dario Argento," a museum of memorabilia from his many films.
- The original American theatrical release was rated R by the MPAA.