Dream Theater Live Metropolis, Pt. 2 (3-CD)
- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: October 6, 2001
- Label: Wea Japan
- 1.Regression - (studio)
- 2.Overture 1928 - (studio)
- 3.Strange Deja Vu - (studio)
- 4.Through My Words - (studio)
- 5.Fatal Tragedy - (studio)
- 6.Beyond This Life - (studio)
- 7.John & Theresa Solo Spot - (studio)
- 8.Through Her Eyes - (studio)
- 9.Home - (studio)
- 10.Dance of Eternity - (studio)
- 11.One Last Time - (studio)
- 12.Spirit Carries On - (studio)
- 13.Finally Free - (studio)
- 14.Metropolis Pt. 1 - (studio)
- 15.Mirror - (studio)
- 16.Just Let Me Breathe - (studio)
- 17.Acid Rain - (studio)
- 18.Caught in a New Millennium - (studio)
- 19.Another Day - (studio)
- 20.Jordan Rudness Keyboard Solo - (studio)
- 21.Mind Beside Itself - I. Erotomania (Live) (studio)
- 22.Mind Beside Itself - II. Voices (Live) (studio)
- 23.Mind Beside Itself - III. The Silent Man (Live) (studio)
- 24.Learning to Live (Live) - (studio)
- 25.Change of Seasons (Live) - (studio)
Disc 3 is an Enhanced CD which contains regular audio tracks and multimedia computer files.
Dream Theater: James LaBrie (vocals, percussion); John Petrucci (guitar, background vocals); Jordan Rudess (keyboards); John Myung (bass); Mike Portnoy (drums, background vocals).
Additional personnel: Theresa Thomason (vocals); Kent Broadhurst (spoken vocals); Jay Beckenstein (soprano saxophone); Mary Canty, Dale Scott Robinson, Beverly McKenzie, John Williams, Carlensha Bethea, Denise Hilton, Carmen Brown, Clarence Burke Jr., Rennelle Martin, Chandra Simmons, Clinteeyah Brooks, Cynthia Ogbur (background vocals).
Recorded at Roseland Ballroom, New York, New York on August 30, 2000.
Japanese edition contains the live bonus cuts "Learning To Live" and "A Change Of Seasons."
Personnel: John Petrucci (vocals, guitar); James LaBrie (vocals, percussion); Theresa Thomason (vocals); Jay Beckenstein (soprano saxophone); Jordan Rudess (keyboards); John Myung (bass guitar).
Audio Mixer: Kevin Shirley.
Progressive metal heroes Dream Theater forge ahead, unmatched in popularity and success in their chosen niche. The Long Islanders marked the final show of their 2000 tour by pulling out every trick from their collective hats, which included elaborate staging (a la Queensryche's MINDCRIME) and pushed the limits even further with a frock-clad gospel choir. As multiple cameras and sound recording gear were engaged, the historic August night was captured for fans on the three CD's that make up LIVE SCENES FROM NEW YORK.
The band tears through a nearly flawless version of their epic "Metropolis Part 2" concept piece that stands impressively on its own merit. Treating their adoring fans, the quintet presses on with a collection of older material, highlighted by the back-and-forth medley of "Caught in A New Millennium." Practically topping themselves with each set, DT triumphantly encore with a stunning performance of their suite, "A Change of Seasons." From a performance perspective, James LaBrie had improved by leaps and bounds as a live vocalist, and keyboard wizard Jordan Rudess levels the super-technical playing field deftly. Closing the curtain on the '90s era of the group, LIVE SCENES foreshadows a seemingly limitless future for Dream Theater.
WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE