American Avant-Garde: The Lawrence Jordan Album / The Films of James Broughton
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- Number of Discs: 7
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 12 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Released: April 26, 2011
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Facets
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: The Films of James Broughton:
- Follow Your Own Weird: The World of James Broughton, a Facets cine-notes
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
This two-in-one box set brings together retrospectives by a couple of key members of American avant-garde filmmaking. It begins with THE LAWRENCE JORDAN ALBUM, a "best of" compilation of Jordan's work that combines his animated shorts with numerous live action ones. Contents include: THE RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER and SOPHIE'S PLACE. The second half of the set features 17 short subject films by "cinematic poet" James Broughton, divided into three sections: "The Early Years," "A Middle Period" and "Finale: The Films with Joel Singer." Individual works in the Broughton half include: THE PLEASURE GARDEN, DREAMWOOD and SCATTERED REMAINS.
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!