Ultimate Dance Party: The Best Of
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
sku: SSP 48737
- Released: June 18, 2002
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Rhythm Is a Dancer - Snap! (bonus track)
- 2.Point of No Return - Expos‚ (bonus track)
- 3.Don't Take It Personal (Just One of Dem Days) - Monica
- 4.Beautiful Life - Ace of Base
- 5.Tell It to My Heart - Taylor Dayne (T-Empo Mix, T-Empo remix)
- 6.Children - Robert Miles
- 7.Another Night - The Real McCoy
- 8.Insomnia - Faithless (Monster Mix Edit)
- 9.It's Not Right But It's Okay - Whitney Houston (Thunderpuss Mix)
- 10.There You Go - P!nk (Hani Mix, Hani remix)
- 11.Mo Money Mo Problems - Mase / Puff Daddy / The Notorious B.I.G.
- 12.What Is Love - Haddaway
- 13.Too Close - Next
- 14.Nobody's Supposed to Be Here - Deborah Cox (Hex Hector Dance Mix)
- 15.It's Like That - Jason Nevins / Run-D.M.C.
- 16.I'll Fly With You (L'Amour Toujours) - Gigi D'Agostino
- 17.He Loves You Not - Dream (HQ2 Mix, bonus track)
- 18.Summer Girls - LFO (bonus track)
- 19.Un-Break My Heart - Toni Braxton (Soul Solution & Hex Hector Uptempo Mix)
Personnel: Maxi Jazz (rap vocals).
Audio Mixers: Quickmix; W. Jay.
Audio Remixers: Goetz; Hani; Hex Hector; Mac Quayle; Rollo ; Sister Bliss; Soul Solution; Thunderpuss 2000.
Arrangers: David Frank; Lewis A. Martine‚; Rick Wake; Rich Tancredi; Steve Kipner; David Foster.
This best-of edition in the long-running Ultimate Dance Party compiles a variety of the most popular songs from previous editions along with a few surprises. The surprises include Expos‚'s "Point of No Return" and Taylor Dayne's "Tell It to My Heart." Unlike the other 17 songs on this collection, these two date from the late '80s rather than the late '90s, long before BMG began the Ultimate Dance Party series. Yet these two songs fit in surprisingly well despite their age, sounding very modern yet heavily infused with nostalgia for a time when dance music was still evolving. Elsewhere, this collection rounds up few surprises: gigantic hits like Snap!'s "Rhythm Is a Dancer," Haddaway's "What Is Love," Ace of Base's "Beautiful Life," the Notorious B.I.G.'s "Mo Money Mo Problems," Next's "Too Close," and many, many more without throwing in novelty hits like "Macarena." Each of these featured songs carry substantial history with them, infused with as much nostalgia as the two late-'80s songs. It's hard not to remember random nights long ago when you were dancing carelessly to these songs with youthful abandon. These were anthems to many dance parties, for sure, and though they probably best belong in the past -- they make you feel kinda old! -- it's incredible fun listening to them on special occasions. And because of that, it's certainly nice to have them compiled onto one disc. ~ Jason Birchmeier
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE