- Number of Discs: 6
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 13 hours, 38 minutes
- Released: April 19, 2011
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Shout Factory
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: 1987 Atas Hall Of Fame Induction
- Remembering Ernie With George Schlatter and Jolene Brand
- "Baseball Film"
- "The Mysterious Knockwurst"
- Andy McKay 8MM Home Movies
- Disc 2
- Percy Dovetonsils: "Ode To Stanley's Pussycat"
- Martin Krutch, Public Eye
- Rock Mississippi In "Fingers Under Weskit"
- Howard, The World's Strongest Ant
- J. Burlington Gearshift
- Disc 3
- "Superclod" Test
- Disc 4
- "Take A Good Look" Clues
- "Take A Good Look" Sales Film
- "Silent Please"
- "Our Man In Havana" Behind-The-Scenes Footage
- Disc 5
- Dutch Masters Commercials
- Disc 6
- Trailer For "Operation Mad Ball" - "It Happened To Ernie" Muriel Cigars Commercials Featuring Edie Adams
- Special Edition
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Film Comment - 07/01/2011
"The contagion that was Ernie Kovac's comedy is still very much alive."
Sight and Sound - 09/01/2011
"With his rummaged-up medieval-modern aesthetic, polyglot characters and non-sequitur mind, Kovacs invaded American living-rooms in the 1950s and early 1960s with a televised variety show of the absurd..."
Comic and actor Ernie Kovacs died at the tender age of 42, perishing in an automobile accident in the early 1960s. Yet during his brief life-span, Kovacs did a stunning amount of work to revolutionize the language of television comedy - with styles that would become rote in successive decades. This retrospective box set includes over 13 hours of television performances by Kovacs, pulled from a variety of the shows that he toplined - everything from his early morning Philadelphia talk programs, through his NBC prime time series and his ABC specials that lifted TV experimentation to an entirely new sphere. Upon release, much of the material in this collection hadn't been seen by the public since the original broadcasts.
Television / TV Series