Rock 'N Roll's Greatest Hits 70s
by Various Artists
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
|You Save:||$4.01 (67% Off)|
Unavailable: Sold Out
sku: ZSM 2796
- All "ZSM" coded CDs are in new and never-played condition. Most are sealed. However, product may have manufacturer's delete notch, drill hole, prior sale stickers, or worn or missing OUTER wrap.
- Released: 2000
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Platinum Disc
- 1.Two Tickets to Paradise - Eddie Money
- 2.Hold the Line - Toto
- 3.Two Out of Three Ain't Bad - Meat Loaf
- 4.Shining Star - Earth, Wind & Fire
- 5.Magnet and Steel - Walter Egan
- 6.Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) - Sly & the Family Stone
- 7.Rock & Roll, Hoochie Koo - Rick Derringer
- 8.Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) - Looking Glass
- 9.Sweet Seasons - Carole King
- 10.Indian Reservation - Raiders
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Platinum Disc's Rock 'N Rolls Greatest Hits series is housed in very cheesy packaging and the discs are all too brief at ten songs apiece, but the music has two important things going for it. First, unlike so many on-the-cheap collections like this, the songs are the original hits by the original artists. Secondly, the disc's compilers do a good job of selecting the prime songs from the era they are covering. Rock 'N Rolls Greatest Hits 70s packs quite a few classics and a lot of diversity within the ten-song boundary. Eddie Money's "Two Tickets to Paradise," Sly & the Family Stone's "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)," Meat Loaf's "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad," Earth, Wind & Fire's "Shining Star," and Rick Derringer's "Rock & Roll Hootchie Koo" are the kind of tracks that have you reaching to crank the volume up when the come on over your car radio. The rest aren't too bad either, though nobody probably ever needs to hear the Looking Glass's "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" ever again. It would have been nice to add more tracks, but given the price, this disc might be a nice addition to your collection of road-trip filler. Just make it a short trip. ~ Tim Sendra
Brooks and Dunn - The Greatest Hits Video Collection (DVD)
$12.50 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE