Clifton Chenier King of the Bayous
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Clifton Chenier ~ Bayou Blues ~ $10.56
- Released: April 1, 1995
- Label: Arhoolie Records
- 1.Tu Le Ton Son Ton :: Every Now And Then
- 2.Hard To Love Someone
- 3.Who Can Your Good Man Be (Brown Skin Woman)
- 4.Zodico Two-Step (French Two-Step)
- 5.Going La Maison
- 6.I Believe I'll Go Back Home
- 7.Release Me
- 8.Grand Mamou :: Big Mamou
- 9.Ton Na Na :: Aunt Na Na
- 10.I'm Coming Home (To See My Mother)
- 11.Josephine Par Se Ma Femme :: Josephine Is Not My Wife
- 12.It's Christmas Time
- 13.Coming Home Tomorrow - (previously unreleased)
- 14.Me And My Chauffeur - (previously unreleased)
- 15.Mo Veux Connaitre - (previously unreleased) :: Where She Slept - (previously unreleased)
- 16.Tired Of Crying Over You
- 17.Clifton's Blues - (previously unreleased)
- 18.Let's Rock A While - (previously unreleased)
Personnel inlcudes: Clifton Chenier (vocals, accordion); Antoine Victor, Raymond Monett, Cleveland Keyes (guitar); Elmore Nixon (piano); Joe Morris (bass); Robert Peter (drums); Cleveland Chenier (rubboard).
Recorded in Houston, Texas between 1965 & 1970.
Personnel: Clifton Chenier (vocals, accordion); Antoine Victor, Cleveland Keyes (guitar); Elmore Nixon (piano); Robert St. Julien, Robert Peter (drums); Cleveland Chenier (rub-board).
Recording information: Houston, TX (05/11/1965-05/05/1970).
Editor: Chris Strachwitz.
Photographer: Chris Strachwitz.
This is an excellent set, combining an album of late-'60s and early-'70s recordings with previously unissued tracks recorded in 1965. Strongly infused with the blues, these are all, save for "Release Me," Clifton Chenier originals. His vocals and accordion wrench a wide range of emotions from both the downtrodden blues and the uplifting and joyous dance numbers on offer here.
His Red Hot Louisiana Band's varying personnel meshes with its leader with subtle and sympathetic ease. Chenier's brother, Cleveland, is present for about half of the songs, playing the rubboard. The set includes his ever popular "I'm Coming Home (To See My Mother)," and the holiday nugget "It's Christmas Time." From uptempo two-steps to slow blues, there's not a false note or beat to be heard.
Master of the Cajun Accordion: The Classic Swallow... (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
A Fool To Care: Classic Recordings 1960-1977 (2-CD)
$19.74 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE