BeauSoleil Allons a Lafayette
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- Released: December 7, 1989
- Label: Arhoolie Records
- 1.Allons a Lafayette Let's Go to Lafayette :: Let's Go To Lafayette
- 2.Tous Les Deux Pour la Mˆme :: For The Same Girl
- 3.Pauvre Hobo (Poor Hobo) :: Poor Hobo
- 4.Mon Vieux Wagon :: My Old Wagon
- 5.Jolie Blonde, La :: The Pretty Blonde
- 6.Johnny Can't Dance
- 7.J'Ai Eta au Zydeco (I Went to the Zydeco) :: I Went To The Zydeco
- 8.Blues a Canray, Les
- 9.J'Ai Marie un Ouvrier (I Married a Carpenter) :: I Married A Carpenter
- 10.Valse du Vacher, La (Cowboy Waltz) :: Cowboy Waltz
- 11.Table Ronde, La (The Round Table) :: The Round Table
- 12.Shoo, Black - (previously unreleased)
- 13.Canray's Breakdown
- 14.Donnez Moi Pualine (Give Me Pauline) :: Give Me Pauline
- 15.Two-Step a Will Balfa
- 16.Valse des Jonlemonts, La (The Pensive Waltz) :: The Pensive Waltz
- 17.Bal a Chataignier, Le (The Dance at Chataignier) :: The Dance At Chataignier
Personnel: Michael Doucet (vocals, guitar, fiddle); Canray Fontenot (vocals, fiddle); Sonny Landreth (slide guitar, dobro); Errol Verret (accordion); Tina Pilione (bass); Tommy Alesi (drums); Billy Ware (percussion).
Producers: Michael Doucet, Chris Strachwitz.
Includes liner notes by Michael Doucet.
Composer: Canray Fontenot.
Personnel: Michael Doucet (vocals, violin, fiddle); Canray Fontenot (vocals, fiddle); David Doucet (vocals, guitar); Tommy Comeaux (guitar, mandolin); Sonny Landreth (slide guitar, dobro); Errol Verret (accordion); Tommy Alesi (drums); Billy Ware (spoons, triangle, percussion).
Liner Note Author: Michael Doucet.
Recording information: Crowley, Los Angeles, CA (05/19/1981-06/15/1985); Eunice, LA (05/19/1981-06/15/1985); Lafayette (05/19/1981-06/15/1985).
Photographer: Elemore Jr. Morgan.
Arranger: Michael Doucet.
ALLONS A LAFAYETTE, Beausoleil's second 1988 release (the other is the excellent HOT CHILI MAMA), is distinguished by the presence of the great Canray Fontenot. Considered by many to be the finest Creole fiddler still playing in the old French style, Fontenot's nimble, melodic playing and expressive vocals, which seem to draw as much from African chants as from Louisiana sources (especially on "La Table Ronde"), grace several of the tracks here.
Of course, Beausoleil, and founder and fiddler Michael Doucet, are no slouches either--and their tasty treatment of traditional Cajun music is brought to life by the instrumentalists' scintillating chemistry. Triangle and spoons lend percussive support to the strains of fiddle, accordion, guitar, mandolin and dobro. With bluegrass-inflected numbers such as "Two-Step A Will Balfa," mournful, minor key love ballads such as "Donnez Moi Pauline," and bluesy grooves such as the Fontenot-assisted "Les Blues A Canray," Beausoleil has created another varied and thoroughly enjoyable roots-conscious disc.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE