Run... right into her arms!
Only 4 copies left
|CYBER SALE:||$10.83 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.15 (28% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 49 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: April 5, 2011
- Originally Released: 1965
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Diane Baker, Walter Matthau, Kevin McCarthy, George Kennedy, Walter Abel, Leif Erickson & Jack Weston|
|Directed by||Edward Dmytryk|
|Edited by||Ted J. Kent|
|Screenwriting by||Peter Stone|
|Composition by||Quincy Jones|
|Cinematography by||Joseph MacDonald|
|Art Direction by||Frank Arrigo|
|Produced by||Harry Keller|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I owe this man some pain!"
- Willard (George Kennedy) referring to Stillwell (Gregory Peck)
"Now that the Westerns have all gone psycho, this is the only place left where you can tell the good guys from the bad."
- Lester (Jack Weston) to Stillwell, while turning the television on to a wrestling match
"But your nightmare began at almost the exact moment his ended."
- Ted Caselle (Walter Matthau) to Stillwell
"You don't really want to remember anything, do you'"
- Caselle to Stillwell
In this bizarre, melancholic urban thriller, a skyscraper blackout results in the head of a large firm (Walter Abel) leaping to his death, while a businessman named David Stillwell (Gregory Peck) finds himself either coming out of, or going into, a two-year bout of amnesia. A sad-eyed woman (Diane Baker) is offended when Stillwell doesn't remember her, and a bunch of strange looking thugs (including George Kennedy and the delightful Jack Weston) are out to kill him. A gruff psychiatrist (Robert Harris) refuses to help, so Stillwell hires wise-cracking detective Ted Caselle (Walter Mathau) to find out who he is, and the two share some brilliantly off-kilter dialogue as they wander around together. The film captures its New York City locations in a dreamy black-and-white haze, making excellent use of background noise and conversation to heighten the sense of paranoia. Director Edward Dmytryk shuffles subtle statements about urban alienation and loss of identity into this psychological thriller's already stacked deck. A jazzy, bouncing score by Quincy Jones keeps things jumping.
David Stillwell leaves his office during a power failure in his building and discovers that he has no idea what he's been doing for the last two years. With the assistance of a neophyte private detective, Stillwell investigates the bits of his life that he is able to piece together and realizes that he's at the center of a scientific and political conspiracy.
- Filmed on location in New York City.
- The film is based on the novel FALLEN ANGEL by Walter Ericson.
- MIRAGE was remade as a made-for-television movie, JIGSAW, with Bradford Dillman.
- Thriller fans may recognize Diane Baker as Senator Martin from SILENCE OF THE LAMBS.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 35 ratings.
Based on 35 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Graduate (WS) (Decades Collection) (Includes Bonus... (DVD)
$2.39 CYBER SALE
The Best of Tromadance Film Festival, Volume 4 (DVD)
59¢ CYBER SALE
Invisible Stripes (FS) [Rare & Out-of-Print] (DVD)
$6.98 CYBER SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.19 CYBER SALE
- Annie (DVD) ~ $2.98 CYBER SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $1.79 CYBER SALE