- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 49 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: April 5, 2011
- Originally Released: 1965
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I owe this man some pain!"
- Willard (George Kennedy) referring to Stillwell (Gregory Peck)
"Now that the Westerns have all gone psycho, this is the only place left where you can tell the good guys from the bad."
- Lester (Jack Weston) to Stillwell, while turning the television on to a wrestling match
"But your nightmare began at almost the exact moment his ended."
- Ted Caselle (Walter Matthau) to Stillwell
"You don't really want to remember anything, do you'"
- Caselle to Stillwell
David Stillwell leaves his office during a power failure in his building and discovers that he has no idea what he's been doing for the last two years. With the assistance of a neophyte private detective, Stillwell investigates the bits of his life that he is able to piece together and realizes that he's at the center of a scientific and political conspiracy.
Theatrical Release |
- Filmed on location in New York City.
- The film is based on the novel FALLEN ANGEL by Walter Ericson.
- MIRAGE was remade as a made-for-television movie, JIGSAW, with Bradford Dillman.
- Thriller fans may recognize Diane Baker as Senator Martin from SILENCE OF THE LAMBS.