The Velvelettes The Very Best of the Velvelettes [Motown]
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: March 23, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Motown
- 1.He Was Really Sayin' Somethin'
- 2.Lonely Lonely Girl Am I
- 3.Since You've Been Loving Me
- 4.There He Goes
- 5.That's the Reason Why
- 6.I Know His Name (Only His Name) - (previously unreleased)
- 7.Should I Tell Them
- 8.Throw a Farewell Kiss
- 9.These Things Will Keep Me Loving You
- 10.I'm the Exception to the Rule
- 11.Needle in a Haystack
- 12.Bird in the Hand (Is Worth Two in the Bush)
- 13.Let Love Live (A Little Bit Longer) - (previously unreleased)
- 14.I'm So Glad It's Twilight Time - (previously unreleased)
- 15.Think of the Times - (previously unreleased)
- 16.Season's Greetings from Motown - (bonus hidden track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Producers include: Norman Whitfield, William "Mickey" Stevenson, Bob Hamilton, Harvey Fuqua, Johnny Bristol.
All tracks have been digitally remastered using 24-bit technology.
Personnel: Betty Kelly, Sandra Tilley (vocals).
Audio Remixer: Kevin Reeves.
Liner Note Author: Harry Weinger.
Largely overshadowed by the other dominant girl groups in the Motown stable, the Velvelettes quietly released a handful of singles that made a soft presence on the pop charts, but nothing in comparison to the bullets fired by the Vandellas, Supremes, and Marvelettes. That's not to say the quality was any less, as this best-of compilation clearly proves. Songs like "He Was Really Saying Something" and "Needle in a Haystack" were their largest numbers, but their vocal delivery proved that -- given the right production team and attention -- they could have been just as big as any of the aforementioned girl groups. Die-hard fans may want to check out the excellent 2005 Motown Anthology, but those wanting just the hits will find that this disc provides all of the Velvelette sounds they could possibly ever need. ~ Rob Theakston
The Best of the Velvelettes [Universal / Spectrum] (CD)
$9.90 Super Savings
A Tribute To Holland, Dozier, Holland: The Motorcity... (CD)
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE