Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 29, 2011
- Originally Released: 1973
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Commentary by Richard Fleischer and Leigh Taylor-Young
- 2 Vintage Featurettes: A Look at the World Of Soylent Green and MGM's Tribute to Edward G. Robinson's 101st Film
- Theatrical Trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Soylent Green is people!"
Entertainment Weekly - 08/08/2003
"...SOYLENT stands up remarkably well, largely due to Richard Fleishcer's suitably stark direction..."
Rolling Stone - 08/21/2003
"...[Heston is] one of the movies' all-time great plot-twist screamers..."
21st century New York City is (still) an overpopulated mess, and the only food left is Soylent Green, a soybean and lentil concoction with an extra-special, government-mandated ingredient. As police detective Thorn (Charlton Heston) investigates a murder, he learns of a conspiracy with bizarre implications. This Edward G. Robinson's final movie, as the star died not long after filming his final scene. Based on Harry Harrison's "Make Room! Make Room!"
A nightmarish vision of the future set in New York City circa the year 2022. The population has swelled to 40 million and the environment is so ravaged by pollution that a synthetic food known as Soylent Green is the only kind available. When the director of the giant corporation that manufactures this food supply is murdered, the detective investigating the case gradually discovers the horrifying truth about Soylent Green's secret ingredient.
Essential Cinema |
New York City |
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release: April 19, 1973.