Annie Get Your Gun [1999 Broadway Revival Cast]
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.35 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Various Artists ~ The Bridges of Madison County (Original Broadway Cast) ~ $16.55
- by Bernadette Peters ~ Gypsy [The New Broadway Cast Recording] ~ $12.14
- Released: April 20, 1999
- Label: Angel Records
- 1.There's No Business Like Show Business
- 2.Doin' What Comes Natur'lly
- 3.The Girl That I Marry
- 4.You Can't Get a Man With a Gun
- 5.There's No Business Like Show Business: Reprise
- 6.I'll Share It All With You
- 7.Moonshine Lullaby
- 8.There's No Business Like Show Business: Reprise
- 9.They Say It's Wonderful
- 10.My Defenses Are Down
- 11.Finale Act I: You Can't Get a Man With a Gun: Reprise
- 12.Entr'acte: The European Tour
- 13.I Got Lost in His Arms
- 14.Who Do You Love, I Hope
- 15.I Got the Sun in the Morning
- 16.Old Fashioned Wedding, An
- 17.The Girl That I Marry: Reprise
- 18.Anything You Can Do
- 19.Finale Act II: They Say It's Wonderful: Reprise
Principle cast includes: Doris Day, Robert Goulet.
Music and lyrics written by Irving Berlin.
Principal cast includes: Bernadette Peters (Annie Oakley); Tom Wopat (Frank Butler); Ron Holgate (Buffalo Bill); Valerie Wright (Dolly Tate); Nicole Ruth Snelson (Winnie Tate); Andrew Palermo (Tommy Keeler); Peter Marx (Charlie Davenport); Ronn Carroll (Foster Wilson); Gregory Zaragoza (Chief Sitting Bull).
Recorded at Clinton Studios and Sony Studios, New York, New York.
ANNIE GET YOUR GUN won the 2000 Grammy Award for Best Musical Show Album.
The key to a musical revival is ultimately the songs and the story: are the tunes holding up and will modern audiences swallow or understand the book? In the case of ANNIE GET YOUR GUN, generally thought to be Irving Berlin's finest Broadway moment, the answer turns out--after minimal tweaking and updating--to be a resounding "Yes!" In a fearless star-turn--no less a legend than Ethel Merman created the original role--Bernadette Peters brings her own perky, less brassy personality to the table in this 1999 production. Several of the tracks here are bona fide American standards, including the show-stopper "There's No Business Like Show Business" and the enchanting ballad "They Say It's Wonderful." Though as one might expect, Frank Butler and Annie Oakley do wind up together in the end, there's plenty of tension along the way to the happy ending, as reflected in this Berlin couplet: "But a man never trifles / with gals who carry rifles."
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$8.34 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 91 ratings.
Based on 91 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE