- Released: May 4, 1999
- Label: Angel Records
- 1.U.S. Armed Forces Medley: The Caissons Go Rolling Along / Anchors Aweigh: The Caissons Go Rolling Along / Anchors Aweigh / Semper Paratus / The Air Force Song / The Marine Hymn (The Halls Of Montezuma)
- 2.Roses of Picardy
- 3.I'll Be Seeing You
- 4.Lili Marlene
- 5.We'll Meet Again
- 6.And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda
- 7.The Green Fields of France
- 8.Christmas in the Trenches
- 9.Battle Hymn of the Republic
- 10.The Faded Coat of Blue
- 12.The Wall
- 13.The Flowers of the Forest
- 14.One Small Star
- 15.In Flander Fields: Ashoken Farewell / Amazing Grace: Ashoken Farewell / Amazing Grace
- 17.America the Beautiful
Personnel includes: John McDermott (vocals); Clyde Mitchell (conductor); Cliff Chatterton (spoken vocals); Bill Bridges (guitar); Ray Legere (mandolin, violin); Jonathan Moorman (bazouki, violin); Angela Pickett (violin); Jack Zaza (woodwinds, accordion); Brigham Phillips (trumpet, piano, keyboards); The Vancouver Symphony Orchestra.
Producers: John McDermott, Brigham Phillips, Bill Bridges, Bobby Edwards.
Engineers include: Don Harder, Kevin Doyle, Gary Gray.
Recorded at Manta Eastern Sound, SOunds Interchange, Glenn Gould Studio and Dave Audio, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; The Chan Centre For The Performing Arts, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Includes liner notes by John Downing.
Recording information: Chan Centre for the Performing Arts, Vancouver, British; Manta Eastern Studios, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Sounds Interchange, TN.
Vocalist John McDermott's fourth solo album Remembrance pays tribute to all the soldiers who served their country during wartime. With a Memorial Day theme, the collection features music from the WWI era to Vietnam, the veterans of whom he honors with his song "The Wall." In the tradition of his Danny Boy and Christmas Memories albums, Remembrance focuses on McDermott's expressive tenor and the emotions he conveys in the songs. ~ Heather Phares