Sarah Brightman The Harem World Tour: Live from Las Vegas
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Sarah Brightman ~ Dreamchaser ~ $14.20
- by Sarah Brightman ~ Eden ~ $12.14
- by Sarah Brightman ~ Harem ~ $15
- by Sarah Brightman ~ Classics ~ $9.45
- Sarah Brightman - Live from Vegas: The Harem World Tour ~ $19.63
- Released: September 27, 2004
- Label: Angel Records
- 1.Kama Sutra (adapted from the film score Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love)
- 3.It's A Beautiful Day (after Puccini's Un bel d쳌)
- 4.Dust in the Wind
- 5.Who Wants To Live Forever?
- 6.Anytime, Anywhere [adapted from Albinoni's Adagio]
- 7.Luna, La (adapted from Dvor k's Song to the Moon)
- 8.Turandot, opera: Nessun dorma
- 9.The War Is Over Now
- 11.Whiter Shade of Pale, A (Senza luce), song
- 12.Phantom of the Opera, musical: Medley: Twisted Every Way; Phantom Overture; Little Lottie
- 13.Phantom of the Opera, musical: Wishing You Were Somhow Here Again
- 14.Time to Say Goodbye (Con te partir•), song
- 15.Question of Honour, A (after Catalani's La Wally)
- 16.Snow on the Sahara - (bonus track)
Adapters: Frank Peterson; Michael Soltau.
Personnel: Sarah Brightman (vocals); Gunther Laudahn (vocals, guitar, bouzouki, harp, lute, sitar, keyboards, background vocals); Elie Barrak (vocals, keyboards); Markus Birkle (guitar, guitars); Peter Weihe (guitar); Harem Orchestra (strings); Markus Koessler (keyboards, bass instrument); Kristian Draude (keyboards, programming); Rony Barrak, Ronnie Barak (percussion); Shweta Shetty, Violet (background vocals); Jan Eric Kohrs (keyboards); Florian Dauner (drums); Roland Peil (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Frank Peterson.
Recording information: Hotel Room, Melbourne, Australia (2004); MGM Grand Arena, Las Vegas, NV (2004); Nemo Studios, Hamburg, Germany (2004); Proloton Studio, Hamburg, Germany (2004); Real World Studios, Bath, Somerset, England (2004); Vox Studios, Bendesdorf, Germany (2004).
Photographers: Chiara Ferrau; Siew May Chin.
Considering her lengthy career in musicals and her onetime role as wife and muse of Broadway's golden boy Andrew Lloyd Webber, it's surprising that it took until 2004 for Sarah Brightman to release a live record. THE HAREM WORLD TOUR: LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS is the recorded version of a popular PBS special that presents a performance of one of Brightman's most elaborate tours in one of the most lavish cities on the planet. The tour came on the heels of her 12th record, HAREM, a Middle Eastern-flavored affair.
Brightman's always been one to experiment, as evidenced by the incredible variety in the song selection. Of course, she does a powerful rendition of a medley of songs from Webber's THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, in which she starred. However, she also adds her own touch to everything from compositions by Dvorak to such rock classics as Kansas's "Dust in the Wind" and Procol Harum's "A Whiter Shade of Pale." Predictably, the atmosphere is charged with the overwhelming energy of a performer who has lived on stage for most of her life, and THE HAREM WORLD TOUR marks her long overdue live debut on CD.
The CBS Television Specials: Live at Carnegie Hall/ Live at... (CD)(12)
$14.53 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 36 ratings.
Based on 36 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N... (CD)(5)
$4.98 on SALE