- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 29, 2011
- Originally Released: 1957
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 01/01/2008
3 stars out of 5 -- "FUNNY FACE is a visual treat. Technicolor set-pieces showcase the real stars of the picture -- Hepburn's lavish, Givenchy-designed dresses."
Wall Street Journal - 08/28/2009
"George and Ira Gershwin supplied the music and lyrics. Thompson, Astaire and Hepburn supplied the magic."
Total Film - 02/24/2014
5 stars out of 5 -- "One of Hollywood's funniest, most stylish musicals, this breezy satire from 1957 thrives on the pairing of Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn."
Empire - 02/22/2014
4 stars out of 5 -- "A timeless musical treat and the most fun you can have with really elegant clothes on."
Serious thinker Jo catches the interest of fashion photographer Dick Avery, who is seeking a natural and "funny" face to take with him to a Paris fashion show. Seeing the opportunity to bring her ideas on philosophy to the Left Bank cafés, Jo agrees to join him, but once in Paris, Dick's focused attention on her and the fairy-tale clothes inspire daydreams of love. Fred Astaire's silky dance moves and Audrey Hepburn's fresh, wistful spirit charge this modern-day Cinderella story with elegance and charm.
Essential Cinema |
- Shot on location in Paris, France.
- MGM was originally supposed to produce this musical but handed it over to Paramount so that Audrey Hepburn could star.
- Hepburn's Paris wardrobe was designed by Hubert de Givenchy.
- Fred Astaire's character is supposedly based on photographer Richard Avedon.