Lorie Line Open House
- Released: September 23, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Time Line Production
- 1.Jackson's Girl
- 2.The Ash Grove
- 3.Star of the County Down
- 4.Because You Loved Me - (from "Up Close And Personal")
- 5.Weep You No More Sad Fountains - (from "Sense And Sensibility")
- 6.Nights in White Satin
- 7.Sidh Beag and Sidh Mor
- 8.Go the Distance - (from "Hercules")
- 9.Forest Lake
- 10.You Must Love Me - (from "Evita")
- 11.Rights of Man
- 12.Lay Down the Burdens of Your Heart
- 13.Seasons of Love
- 14.The Lord's Prayer
- 15.Nights in White Satin (Reprise)
Personnel: Lorie Line (piano, keyboards); Tab Laven (guitar); Peter Ostroushko (mandolin); Carolyn Boulay, David Bullock (violin); Sarah Lewis, Diane Tremaine (cello); Bruce Kurnow (harp, harmonica); David Livingston (recorder, penny whistle, alto saxophone); Kenni Holmen (soprano & tenor saxophones); Steve Strand (trumpet); Tricia Lerohl (horn); Laura MacKenzie (concertina, smallpipes, border pipe); Gordy Johnson (bass); Mike Hurley (drums); Marc Anderson (percussion).
Includes liner notes by Lorie Line.
Personnel: Lorie Line (strings, piano, keyboards); Tab Laven (guitar); Bruce Kurnow (harp, harmonica); Bobby Schnitzer (harp); Peter Ostroushko (mandolin); Carolyn Boulay, David Bullock (violin); Sarah Lewis, Diane Tremaine (cello); David Livingston (pennywhistle, recorder, alto saxophone); Laura MacKenzie (small pipes, concertina); Kenny Holmen (soprano saxophone, tenor saxophone); Steve Strand (trumpet); Tricia Lerohl (horns); Mike Hurley (drums); Marc Anderson (percussion).
Audio Mixers: Kenny Holmen; Lorie Line; Bruce Kurnow.
Liner Note Author: Lorie Line.
Photographer: Joel Larson.
Arrangers: Kenny Holmen; Lorie Line; Peter Ostroushko; Bruce Kurnow.
Open House finds Lorie Line tackling a variety of different material, from the Moody Blues' "Nights in White Satin" and Jesse Winchester's "Lay Down the Burdens of Your Heart" to a selection of compositions by Susan Urban. Despite all these different writers, Line remains the focus of the record thanks to her fluid, relaxed piano work. It may not be one of her most distinctive albums, but it certainly is enjoyable. ~ Rodney Batdorf
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the New Age genre:
- Mannheim Steamroller Halloween, Volume 2: Creatures Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.49 CYBER WEEK
- Contours Where There's Smoke (CD) ~ 79¢ CYBER WEEK
- William Allaudin Mathieu Streaming Wisdom (LP) ~ $2.99 CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Meditation 3-CD Box ~ $3.19 CYBER WEEK
- Levantis Music For The Spirit (CD) ~ 79¢ CYBER WEEK