- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 16, 2003
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - French
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Henry Turner (Harrison Ford), a wealthy, high-powered, highly successful Manhattan lawyer, seems to have everything -- a perfect wife (Annette Bening), a perfect daughter, a perfect life. In fact, Henry is completely cold, rigid and unable to experience love or joy in his day-to- day existence. Everything changes, however, when Henry is gunned down in an act of random violence, and must undergo a slow, difficult recovery. In the process of relearning the most basic skills -- walking, reading, getting dressed in the morning -- Henry discovers something even more important: how to love his family and friends again and how to find true happiness in life.
When a ruthless attorney is shot in the head by a thief during a late-night hold-up, his memory is lost and he must rebuild his entire personality. To his devastated family's amazement, a generous and loving new man begins to emerge.
- Began shooting September 14, 1990; completed shooting December 1990.
- Filmed in Los Angeles, California and New York City, in Technicolor.
- Screenwriter Jeffrey Abrams was 23 when he wrote the screenplay.