Tim Buckley Live At the Troubadour 1969
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 12, 1998
- Label: Manifesto Records
- 1.Strange Feelin'
- 2.Venice Mating Call
- 3.I Don't Need It to Rain
- 4.I Had a Talk With My Woman
- 5.Gypsy Woman
- 6.Blue Melody
- 7.Chase the Blues Away
- 9.Nobody Walkin'
Personnel: Tim Buckley (vocals, acoustic guitar); Lee Underwood (guitar); John Balkin (bass); Art Trip (drums); Carter C.C. Collins (congas).
Compilation producers: Bill Inglot, K. Lee Hammond.
Recorded live at The Troubador, Los Angeles, California, on September 3-4, 1969. Originally released on Rhino (71663). Includes liner notes by Martin Aston.
Personnel: Tim Buckley (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar); Lee Underwood (guitar); Art Tripp (drums); Carter Collins, Carter C.C. Collins (congas).
Liner Note Author: Martin Aston.
Recording information: Troubadour, LA, CA (09/03/1969-09/04/1969); Troubadour, Los Angeles, CA (09/03/1969-09/04/1969).
It's ironic that Buckley's most fully realized album wouldn't be released until after his death, but it's logical that it would turn out to be a live recording. Buckley was always a "natural musician" who flourished in settings of spontaneity where he was free to follow his muse unbounded. While he made many excellent albums, the confines of the studio fettered him enough to keep him from giving 100 percent. As this and other live Buckley albums prove, the singer's live performance took him and his audience to another level entirely.
Captured here in his most creatively fertile period (circa BLUE AFTERNOON/HAPPY SAD), Buckley puts his superman voice to good use, scatting, moaning, crooning and wailing as the moment requires. His jazzy backing band, including longtime guitarist Lee Underwood and drummer Art Tripp, provides a nimble, responsive landscape for Buckley's voice to prowl. From the ethereal tones on the folk-jazz samba "Blue Melody" to his animalistic groans and cries on the show-stopping "Gypsy Woman," LIVE AT THE TROUBADOUR presents one of the world's finest singers at the top of his game. What more do you want?
Music from The Old Grey Whistle Test, Volume 2 (DVD)(11)
$7.98 on SALE
Tim Buckley - Blue Melody: Tim Buckley Remembered (Book)(18)
$12.95 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Thank You Shirl-ee May [A Love Story] (DualDisc) (CD)(6)
$16.13 on SALE
Love & Affection: The Very Best of Joan Armatrading (CD)
$9.90 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Dion Deja Nu (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Ohio Express Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE