|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.83 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.15 (28% Off)|
- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 18, 1997
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||John Lone, Penelope Ann Miller, Ian McKellen, Peter Boyle, Jonathan Winters, Tim Curry, Sab Shimono, André Gregory, Joseph Maher, John Kapelos, Max Wright & James Hong|
|Directed by||Russell Mulcahy|
|Screenwriting by||David Koepp|
|Composition by||Jerry Goldsmith|
|Cinematography by||Stephen H. Burum|
"...Baldwin's interior struggle is the stuff of literature..." - Recommended
"...THE SHADOW displays considerable bravura....A pleasing period look..."
"...Sleek, entertaining....Baldwin [is] a wily actor who brings along just the right mix of do-goodism and evil potential..."
"...It has the benefit of a combination of gorgeous production design and eye-catching visual effects. If ever a film looked exactly the way you hoped and imagined it would, THE SHADOW is it..."
"...If you respond to film noir, if you like dark streets and women with scarlet lips and big fast cars with running boards, the look of this movie will work some kind of magic....Style and tone are everything with a movie like this..."
In another, better time, crime boss Lamont Cranston, using the name Ying Ko, ruled Tibet's underworld. Then someone slashed him with a strange and powerful weapon, changing Cranston forever, both physically and psychically. Now, he lurks in the shadows of Manhattan, battling gangsters -- including one particularly evil man who has followed him from Tibet.
- Produced by Bregman-Baer Productions, Inc.
- Copyright 1994 Universal City Studios, Inc. and Bregman/Baer Productions, Inc.
- "The Shadow" is a registered trademark of Advance Magazine Publishers Inc.
- Shot in DeLuxe color, using Eastman color film and Panavision equipment.
- Additional credits: Kenneth and Darrel Hall (music editors); Dennis Dreith (composer and producer "Barth's Bounce"); Sikoa (song performer "Some Kind of Mystery"); Gary Tacon (stunt double for Alec Baldwin) and Dana Hee (stunt double for Penelope Ann Miller); Teddy M. Haggarty (standin for Alec Baldwin); and Pacific Title Digital (digital film services).
- "Original Sin" and "Remember" both courtesy of Arista Records.
- Orson Welles provided the voice for the Shadow on the original radio program.
- Rated BBFC 12 by the British Board of Film Classification.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 173 ratings.
Here is entertainment at a level when we would spend our quarters and dimes on saturday mornings at matinees all over the world to cheer for the good guy and hate the bad guy. Nostalgia is all through this period piece and makes you yearn for those days long gone buy. Alec Baldwin is an excellent choice for the hero's alter ego "The Shadow" To say I loved this movie is an understatement and you will love it too. Get your popcorn ready folks !!!
© 2017 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.