George Duke Faces In Reflection
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$18.52 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.43 (26% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 25, 2008
- Label: Mps
- 1.The Opening
- 3.Piano Solo No. 1
- 4.Piano Solo No. 2
- 5.Psychocomatic Dung
- 6.Faces in Reflection No. 1 (Instrumental)
- 7.Maria Tres Filhos
- 8.North Beach
- 9.Da Somba
- 10.Faces in Reflection No. 2
George Duke: George Duke (keyboards).
Personnel: John Heard (bass instrument); Ndugu (drums).
Although pianist George Duke later became known for his crossover and pop work, his jazz albums from the 1970s are all worthy entries as well. A fiery excursion into fusion, funk, and soul-jazz, 1974's FACES IN REFLECTION is a case in point. Prior to this session, Duke had been playing regularly with both Cannonball Adderley and Frank Zappa, and the influence of those artists can be heard in Duke's hard-swinging blues and wild, wooly experimentation. Even though synthesizers play a prominent role on these tracks, FACES IN REFLECTION rarely sounds dated; Duke uses electric and acoustic keys to push his Latin, soul, and jazz grooves to new heights. Bassist John Heard and drummer Leon Ndugu Chancellor make up the first-rate rhythm section.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$8.34 Super Savings
With the Jan Hammer Group Live [Blu-Ray Audio] (CD)
$27.12 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE