- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 49 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 1, 2003
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Surround - English
- Dolby Surround - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 10/02/1992
"...A light and sometimes ruefully funny comedy....[Selleck gives an] enjoyable performance..."
USA Today - 10/02/1992
"...The final face-off satisfies like a cold stadium brew...."
After being bounced out of the majors, Jack Elliot heads to Japan to play pro baseball. He finds a very different game and culture across the Pacific. Elliot strikes up a relationship with his boss' daughter. At first, he tries to bully his teammates and the club owners, but he comes to accept and respect his new home.
Baseball Players |
Personal Triumph |
- Shot in DeLuxe color and Panavision.
- This film was produced in association with Pacific Artists and Dentsu.
- White Sox first baseman Frank "The Big Hurt" Thomas has a cameo as Elliot's replacement. Additional cast members included Mak Takano (Shinji Igarashi); Kenji Morinaga (Hiroshi Kurosawa); Joh Nishimura (Tomohiko Ohmae); Norihide Goto (Issei Itoi) and Kensuke Toita (Akito Yagi).
- Copyright 1992 Universal City Studios, Inc.