- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 56 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 22, 2001
- Originally Released: 1978
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Dolby Digital Mono 2.0 - English
- Dolby Digital Mono 2.0 - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Making Of
- Deleted Scenes
- Bonus Footage: A Look at the Musical Score with John Williams
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Art
- Production Notes
- Biographies: Cast & Crew
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Roy Scheider &
Collin Wilcox Paxton,
Billy Van Zandt &
Steve Potter &
Carl Gottlieb &
Richard D. Zanuck &
Variety - 06/07/1978
"...JAWS 2 is a worthy successor in horror, suspense and terror to its 1975 smash progenitor..."
Amity police chief Brody discovers that there's more than one fish in the sea--the great white shark he destroyed in the first film has a hungry mate ready to wreak havoc on the community. This action-packed sequel features the welcome return of Roy Scheider and Lorraine Gary reprising their roles from the original blockbuster that did for ocean beaches what PSYCHO did for showers.
In this sequel to the 1975 blockbuster, police chief Martin Brody is once again concerned with a series of shark attacks. After four years of relative calm in the resort town of Amity, a great white shark is terrorizing teenagers, including his own son.
- Budget estimate: $20 million.
- Released in USA June 1978.
- Shot on location in Okaloosa County, Florida, in Technicolor.
- It was reported in Variety in June 1978 that this sequel was $10 million over budget due to production delays and dollar inflation. Director Jeannot Szwarc replaced John Hancock, who was originally set to do the film.