- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 56 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 22, 2001
- Originally Released: 1978
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Dolby Digital Mono 2.0 - English
- Dolby Digital Mono 2.0 - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Making Of
- Deleted Scenes
- Bonus Footage: A Look at the Musical Score with John Williams
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Art
- Production Notes
- Biographies: Cast & Crew
Performers, Cast and Crew:
G. Thomas Dunlop,
Billy Van Zandt,
Jerry Baxter &
Jean Ann Coulter
Sherrie Sanet Jacobson &
Carl Gottlieb &
Richard D. Zanuck &
Variety - 06/07/1978
"...JAWS 2 is a worthy successor in horror, suspense and terror to its 1975 smash progenitor..."
In this sequel to the 1975 blockbuster, police chief Martin Brody is once again concerned with a series of shark attacks. After four years of relative calm in the resort town of Amity, a great white shark is terrorizing teenagers, including his own son.
High Seas |
Theatrical Release |
- Budget estimate: $20 million.
- Released in USA June 1978.
- Shot on location in Okaloosa County, Florida, in Technicolor.
- It was reported in Variety in June 1978 that this sequel was $10 million over budget due to production delays and dollar inflation. Director Jeannot Szwarc replaced John Hancock, who was originally set to do the film.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 206 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 71,074
- UPC: 025192092824
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item