- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 51 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: March 10, 2009
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: Universal Studios
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Subtitles - English, (SDH) French, Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- A Look Back at Howard the Duck
- Releasing the Duck
- News Featurette
- The Stunts of Howard the Duck
- The Special Effects of Howard the Duck
- The Music of Howard the Duck
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 08/06/1986
"...There is an abundant amount of special effects wizardry....Thomas Dolby's songs written for Cherry Bomb's club sets are catchy..."
Los Angeles Times - 08/01/1986
"...Thompson is an absolute beacon of warmth, common sense, intelligence and loveliness..."
Comedy-adventure about a fast-talking, cigar-chomping, beer-loving duck from another dimension who somehow winds up in Cleveland and has run-ins with punk rockers, motorcycle mamas and the all-powerful overlord who make him wish he were back on his own duck planet.
Howard, a wise-cracking duck from outer space, is brought to earth by a science experiment gone wrong. He attempts to fit in with his new surroundings while romancing a young punk-rock singer, but finds his new-found happiness threatened by the Dark Overlords who were also freed by the ill-fated experiment.
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Other performers who played Howard the Duck: Chip Zien, Tim Rose, Steve Sleap, Peter Baird, Mary Wells, Lisa Sturz, and Jordan Prentice.
- Phillip Norwood was the visual effects art director.
- Estimated budget: $22-50 million.