- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 7, 2005
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Touchstone / Disney
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Audio Commentary: Jerry Burckheimer - Producer/David McNally - Director And The Coyotes
- Music Video: LeAnn Rimes Music Video
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- COYOTE UGLY 101: HOW TO BE A COYOTE: INSIDE THE SONGS
- SEARCH FOR THE STARS
- ACTION OVERLOAD: Reel Featuring The Hottest Moments Of Film In Music Video Style
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 08/04/2000
"...Guilty fun is had by all..." -- 3 out of 4 stars
New York Times - 08/04/2000
"...[Ms. Perabo shows] spunk....COYOTE UGLY continues [the tradition of] FLASHDANCE..."
Box Office - 10/01/2000
"...[Perabo] is sweet and charming. She has the winsome appeal of a young Julia Roberts and carries her first starring role with grace..."
In COYOTE UGLY, an aspiring songwriter, Violet Sanford (Piper Perabo), leaves her small-town home and her supportive father (John Goodman) for New York City in hopes of starting a music career. But life in the big city is harder than she imagined. Feeling defeated, and unemployed, she hears about a job opening at a bar called Coyote Ugly, and persuades the bar owner, Lil (Mario Bello), to give her a chance among the bar's beautiful brigade of bartenders. When Violet arrives for work the bouncer tells her it's a quiet night, but when she goes inside the bar she is hit by a wall of throbbing music and howling men. Two women are atop the bar, pulling a customer back over it, pulling up his shirt, and pouring beer on his chest. Welcome to COYOTE UGLY. How will Violet deal with the bar' How will it deal with her' What of her songwriting plans' Inside this raucous, raunchy movie, coproduced by Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer (FLASHDANCE), is a sweet romance between Violet and Kevin (Adam Garcia), a refreshing escape from the chaos of the bar.
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment.:
Coyote Ugly Unrated Special Edition
From hit-making producer Jerry Bruckheimer (GONE IN 60 SECONDS, ARMEGEDDON) comes the special unrated extended cut of COYOTE UGLY. It's the intoxicating sexy comedy starring an unbeatable cast of hot new stars including Piper Perabo (CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN) and Maria Bello (PAYBACK). Moving to New York to pursue her dream of becoming a famous songwriter, Violet Sanford (Perabo) finds herself desperate and broke. Through a twist of fate, the shy, innocent Violet lands a job as a barmaid at the hottest nightclub in town -- the down and dirty, wild and fun Coyote Ugly. Overflowing with attitude, the "Coyotes" spend more time on top of the bar than behind it, tantalizing the standing-room-only crowd with their outrageous antics! It's one wild adventure for a small-town girl with big city dreams.
New York City |
Romantic Comedy |
- Theatrical release: August 4, 2000.
- Locations for COYCOTE UGLY included South Amboy, New Jersey; Atlantic Beach, New York; and New York City, New York.
- Maria Bello (who plays the bar owner, Lil) explains what "Coyote Ugly" means in the live video chat on the official COYOTE UGLY web site. She says, "Have you ever woken up sober after a one-night stand and you find the guy you're laying next to--he has your arm trapped under his body--he is so ugly you'd rather chew your arm off than risk waking him. Like a coyote in a trap. That's 'Coyote Ugly.'"
- Melanie Lynskey, who plays Gloria Violet's friend from South Amboy, is the young actress from New Zealand who co-starred with Kate Winslet in HEAVENLY CREATURES (1994) and played one of Drew Barrymore's sisters in EVER AFTER (1998).