Beaches (Special Edition)
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$5.21 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.04 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours, 3 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 26, 2005
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Touchstone / Disney
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Music Video: "Wing Beneath My Wings" - Bette Midler
- Bloopers: BEACHES BLOOPERS
- Audio Commentary: Garry Marshall - Director's Commentary
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- AFI'S 100 YEARS...100 SONGS WITH BETTE MIDLER
- Mayim Bialik Remembers BEACHES
- Barbara Hershey Screen Test
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Bette Midler & Barbara Hershey|
|Performer:||John Heard, Lainie Kazan, Spalding Gray, James Read, Grace Johnston & Mayim Bialik|
|Directed by||Garry Marshall|
|Edited by||Richard Halsey|
|Screenplay by||Mary Agnes Donoghue|
|Composition by||Georges Delerue|
|Produced by||Bonnie Bruckheimer & Bette Midler|
|Director of Photography:||Dante Spinotti|
The chance meeting of two young girls from totally different backgrounds becomes the friendship of a lifetime. As they lead their separate lives, they come to realize and later rely on the strength that their friendship provides. Academy Award Nominations: Best Art Direction.
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment.:
Beaches Special Edition
As special as the everlasting friendship it celebrates, this Special Edition DVD lets you relive BEACHES and all its touching and funny moments, and includes outstanding never-before-seen bonus materials. When the irrepressible C.C. Bloom (Bette Midler) and the shy and proper Hillary Whitney (Barbara Hershey) first meet under the boardwalk at the beach, all the 11-year-olds have in common is the need for a best friend. Worlds apart in lifestyle and location, their friendship ebbs and flows through a lifetime of highs and lows, career changes, marriages, jealousy, and more. From the boardwalk in Atlantic City to the beach house on the Pacific, BEACHES will remind you of what being a true friend means.
The story of a deep friendship, lasting from childhood to beyond death, between two very different women -- one a poor but ambitious Jewish girl from the Bronx who goes on to become a famous Broadway star, and the other an attractive WASP from a wealthy San Francisco family who starts out with all the advantages in life yet manages to find nothing but disappointment.
Friends | Heartwarming | Illness | Melodrama | Recommended | Tear Jerker | Theatrical Release
- Estimated budget $20 million.
- Shot in Metrocolor.
- Eugenia Weston designed Bette Midler's makeup and Bob Mills applied it; Barbara Lorenz was Ms. Midler's hairstylist.
- Critically-lauded screen debut of young actress Mayim Bialik, who in the early 90s became the star of a popular television sitcom called "Blossom".
- Working titles for the film were "Friends" and "Remember Me."
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 145 ratings.
Based on 145 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Drive-In Movie Classics 50 Movie Megapack (12-DVD)
$7.98 on SALE
Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Ed.) (DVD)
$1.58 on SALE
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE