- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: October 25, 2005
- Originally Released: 1978
- Label: Cheezy Flicks Ent
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 09/01/1978
"...CONVOY is almost glowingly affirmative..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Its 30 years old and still truckin! This cult classic has been re-mastered and re-packaged for its 30th Anniversary. Citizen Band radio takes to the freeways for fast-lane thrills and fly-over spills. Trucker "Rubber Duck" (Kris Kristofferson) signals the big 10-4 when he and his unsuspecting ride along (Ali MacGraw) are chased through three states by a corrupt traffic cop named "Dirty Lyle" (Ernest Borgnine). The green light is sent out over the American CB airwaves for a convoy of truckers to help keep the police off his trail. Acclaimed and award winning director Sam Peckinpah steps on the gas for an all-action adventure jam-packed with sensational stunts and truck crashes around every turn!
A mile-long convoy of protesting truckers speeds along the Arizona highway toward the Mexican border. The tense action builds to an incredible climax in one of the most destructive auto crash scenes ever filmed.
Based on the song by C.W. McCall, Kris Kristofferson stars as Rubber Duck, a defiant truck driver who speeds through three states while a corrupt cop pursues him.
- Available on video in the UK (distributed by Warner Home Video).
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Filmed in DeLuxe color.
- Rated MPAA PG. Running time 110 minutes.