Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 15, 2011
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Note: Director and writer commentary
- Deleted scenes
- "Clothes Make the Man" featurette
- "From Mandrake Falls to Manhatta" featurette
- Outtakes reel
- Deeds' greeting cards
- "Spare No Expense" featurette
- Music video "Where Are You Going" by Dave Matthews band
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 12/01/2002
"...You will find plenty in MR. DEEDS to address your inner buffoon..."
Total Film - 12/01/2002
"...Sandler's actually pretty good as Longfellow Deeds....Everyone's going to like some of MR. DEEDS..."
Longfellow Deeds (Adam Sandler) is content to run his pizzeria in the cozy New Hampshire hamlet of Mandrake Falls. His only further desire is to someday see one of his corny rhymes printed in a greeting card. Deeds is awarded much more when he inherits the $40 billion empire of a media tycoon, a distant relative. He is lured to New York City by unscrupulous partners of the deceased where he is preyed upon by greedy stockholders. He also makes ample fodder for tabloid journalists, notably reporter Babe Bennett (Winona Ryder) who poses as a school nurse from Iowa to win Deed's heart and expose him as an idiot to her viewership. Against her will and her own sleazy principles, Babe falls for the charming naivety of Deeds, whose fortune is in jeopardy.
Adam Sandler's man-child persona stands in for Gary Cooper in this remake of the 1936 MR. DEEDS GOES TO TOWN. Sandler and longtime collaborator Tim Herlihy have molded the Frank Capra romantic comedy into a perfect vehicle for its star and a love letter to New York City. Jared Harris as a tabloid TV host and John Turturro as an omnipresent Spanish butler shine in supporting roles.
Rags To Riches |
Small Town Life |
Small Towns |
- IN THEATRES: JUNE 28, 2002