- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 3 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 24, 2004
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: HBO Home Video
- 2-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
The second entry in the popular "Prime Suspect" series, featuring award-winning actress Helen Mirren as Detective Chief Inspector Jane Tennison.
Here, Tennison ventures into a primarily black neighborhood in order to solve the murder of a young woman whose body was found buried in a backyard. As usual, however, her work is complicated by factors unrelated to the case, namely the police department's concerns about its relationship with an already suspicious community. And when tragedy befalls a suspect who proves to be innocent, an already tense situation worsens.
If all that weren't bad enough, Tennison also has to put up with a new partner... who just happens to be her former lover.
- Originally aired on PBS as part of the "Mystery!" series.
- "Prime Suspect 2" won four awards from the British Academy of Film & Television Arts, including Best Actress prize for Helen Mirren.
- Writer Allan Cubitt won the 1994 Edgar Award for Best Television Feature from the Mystery Writers of America.
- Named Best Miniseries of 1993 by the Emmy Awards.
- Helen Mirren was nominated for Best Actress of 1993 by the Emmy Awards.
- Additional funding for the series was provided by WGBH and Mobil.