Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 8, 2011
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- DTS HD Master Audio - English
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"You want out' Click your heels together three times!"
- Barb Wire (PAMELA ANDERSON LEE).
"Relax, Schmitz, you only die once!"
- Barb Wire (PAMELA ANDERSON LEE), to Schmitz (CLINT HOWARD).
"Don't call me babe!"
- Barb Wire (PAMELA ANDERSON LEE), to anyone who utters the offending word.
Variety - 05/06/1996
"...BARB WIRE is a ride that is definitely fun....[Lee] is the embodiment of a comic-book super heroine..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 05/03/1996
"...BARB WIRE has a high energy level, and a sense of deranged fun..."
Pamela Anderson Lee mounts the title role in this tale of a futuristic bar owner who accepts mercenary jobs on the side in the only non-dictator-controlled city in the nation. She's always available to the highest bidder until an old flame comes along and re-ignites her faith in mankind. This high-tech thriller, based on a popular underground comic book, is available in rated and unrated versions.
Based on the Dark Horse comic book, "Barb Wire" takes place in the town of Steel Harbor during the year 2017, after the second Civil War. Steel Harbor is one of the few cities still free from the grip of either government troops or rebel fighters. It is also home to blonde bombshell Barb Wire, a leather-clad, pistol packin', cycle-ridin' bounty hunter, who ALWAYS gets her man. Barb becomes enmeshed in a "Casablanca"-esque plot, involving resistance fighters, wicked federal agents, and a very special pair of contact lenses that allow the user to avoid detection by the feds.
In between shootouts, explosions and chases, Barb becomes the owner of the coveted lenses. Will she use them to help the rebels' Or sell them to pay for her blind brother's operation'
- Released theatrically in the USA May 3, 1996.
- Co-produced by Dark Horse Entertainment.
- Color by Technicolor.
- Additional cast: Loren Rubin (Krebs).
- Additional credit: Vince Garcia (sound).
- The film is based on the Dark Horse comic book.
- Star Pamela Anderson Lee reportedly did most of her own stunts.
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Classification.