- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 8, 2011
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I gotta apologize to you for selling me for five dollars' I'm worth 25!" (Melanie to her boyfriend)
"You're so determined to kill yourself one way or the other. If they won't let you go to Mississippi, then you'll go out and lock horns with some nut-case here. You're just like your God-damned father, Lord have mercy on his dumb-ass-hero soul." (Mrs. Fitzgerald to Harry)
"There ain't no Eskimos in the Bronx... yet." (Detective Mazola)
New York Times - 01/22/1988
"...[An] excellent cast....In their own separate category are [Turturro and Gregorio] who give FIVE CORNERS a larger-than-life, melodramatic dimension..."
Variety - 05/20/1987
"...Turturro is downright scary but also sympathetic....Also excellent is Graff as the wounded lover who delivers many of the film's best lines with a manic glee..."
Los Angeles Times - 01/22/1988
"...It jumps and lunges....[The film] has electric sass, unfazed morality and sweet, tough jolts..."
The story of a group of young people and how their lives converge in a Bronx neighborhood in the early 60's.
A rapist gets out of jail and returns to his old neighborhood in the Bronx, setting off a series of events that bring together his victim, her boyfriend, a pacifist, two wise-cracking cops, an algebra teacher killed by an arrow and other assorted eccentrics.
Coming Of Age |
- End credits contain the following note: "Many thanks to the Penguins in this film. They were treated most respectfully and no harm came to them in their work."