Wayman Tisdale Rebound
Only 7 copies left
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 25, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Rendezvous
JazzTimes - p.122"The bassist digs into some urban adult contemporary with 'Watch Me Play Again'...and with 'Comin' Home,' a slice of midtempo sass with something new: vocoder vocals by 'JR Hutson.'"
- 1.Rebound - (featuring Dave Koz)
- 2.Throwin' It Down - (featuring Darren Rahn)
- 3.Front Runna
- 4.One on One
- 5.In Love
- 6.Never Gonna Give You Up - (featuring Toby Keith)
- 7.I Hope You Feel It Too
- 8.Watch Me Play Again - (featuring Robert Wilson)
- 9.I'll Do the Driving - (featuring Brian Simpson)
- 10.Commin' Home
- 11.The Turnaround
- 12.Grateful - (featuring Marvin Sapp)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Raw J, Meachie Man (vocals); Michael Todd (various instruments); Soup Bone, Bobby G , Bobby G (guitar); Mel Brown (electric guitar, electric bass); Frank Selman (electric guitar); Donald Hayes (saxophone); Jason Ran, Johnny Britt, Jason Rahn (trumpet, flugelhorn); Jerry Compare, Brian Simpson (piano); Ricky Peterson (Hammond b-3 organ); Jason Freeman (keyboards); Arthur Thompson, Arthur Thompson (percussion); Derek Allen, Derrick "D.O.A." Allen (programming); Byrd Sisters (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Darren Rahn; David Rideau; Derek Allen; Brian Porter.
Recording information: BKG Studios; Crystal Clear Studios; Joint Heir Music Studios, Grand Rapids, MI; Platinum Sound Studios, Reseda, CA; The Bassmint, Tulsa, OK; The Chase Lounge, Phoenix, AZ; The Frack Shack, Oshkosh, WI; The Litterbox, Denver, CO; Tritone; Tuls@und Studios, Tulsa, OK; West Lake Studios; Westlake Audio, Hollywood, CA; Workhouse Studios, Minneapolis, MN.
Photographer: Albert Sanchez.
Arranger: Derek Allen.
With his eighth album, jazz bassist Wayman Tisdale bounces back (from a bout with bone cancer) with an upbeat, genial, somewhat vocals-oriented set. Tisdale still plucks his electric bass a-plenty and there's an abundance of mellow, easygoing jazz here, but he makes room for some notable guest singers as well. Country music star Toby Keith essays Barry White's classic "Never Give You Up," and the Gap Band's Robert Wilson, Raw J, and gospel singer Marvin Sapp stop by, as does smooth-jazz sax star Dave Koz. As per usual, the grooves are tight and the mood is mostly bright.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 36 ratings.
Based on 36 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Super Sax: Art Pepper, Yusef Lateef & Pepper Adams (CD)(4)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE