Warner Bros. DVD Clearance Sale (series)
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$11.99 (60% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 2 hours, 11 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: June 19, 2007
- Originally Released: 1974
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Mono 1.0 English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Bea Arthur, Robert Preston, Jane Connell, Ned Wertimer, Bruce Davison, Joyce Van Patten & Don Porter|
|Directed by||Gene Saks|
|Edited by||Maury Winetrobe|
|Screenwriting by||Paul Zindel|
|Composition by||Ralph Burns|
|Cinematography by||Philip H. Lathrop|
|Art Direction by||Harold Michelson|
|Produced by||Robert Fryer & James Cresson|
Lucille Ball stars as Auntie Mame, an eccentric and wealthy woman who teaches her young orphaned nephew how to live life to the fullest. Based on the popular stage play. Featured songs include "Mame," "If He Walked Into My Life," and "We Need a Little Christmas."
Extravagant film adaptation of the Broadway musical comedy about an orphaned boy who goes to live with his Aunt Mame, an eccentric, free-spirited New York sophisticate.
- "Mame" was Lucille Ball's last feature film appearance. Rosalind Russell, Angela Lansbury, and Ginger Rogers all played the character "Mame" before Ball.
- Bea Arthur also played the role of "Vera" in the Broadway musical, for which she won a Tony.
- The story of "Mame" first appeared as a Patrick Dennis novel in 1955. The novel was adapted for the Broadway stage as a straight play in 1956 by Jerome Lawrence and Robert E. Lee.
The first film adaptation appeared in 1958, as "Auntie Mame." It was directed by Morton DaCosta from a Betty Comden-Adolph Green screenplay and starred Rosalind Russell, Forrest Tucker, Coral Browne, Fred Clark, Roger Smith, Patric Knowles, Peggy Cass, Joanna Barnes, Pippa Scott, Lee Patrick, Willard Waterman, and Connie Gilchrist.
Lawrence and Lee also wrote the book for the 1966 stage musical, which featured a Jerry Herman score.
- Additional cast members: Doris Cook (as Gloria Upson), Bobbi Jordan (Pegeen), and George Chang (Ito).
- Filmed in Technicolor and Panavision.
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (40th Anniversary Ed.) (2-DVD)
$11.22 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 251 ratings.
Based on 251 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 7,540
- UPC: 085391134145
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 13/13/13 (Blu-ray) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- 15 Great Westerns - Heroes & Bandits (2-DVD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- 15 Martial Arts Movies (3-DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- 1958 World Series: New York Yankees Vs. Milwaukee Braves (VHS) ~ $1.99 on SALE
- 1977 World Series: New York Yankees Vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (VHS) ~ $1.99 on SALE
- 11th Hour (DVD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (Widescreen) (DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- 3 Godfathers (DVD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- 3-2-1 Penguins: The Amazing Carnival of Complaining (DVD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- 300 (Blu-ray) ~ $6.98 on SALE