- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: February 20, 2007
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.77
- Dolby Surround 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioned
- Subtitles - English, French, Latin, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Christopher Guest - Director/Co-Writer; Eugene Levy - Star/Co-Writer
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Galleries: HOME FOR PURIM Posters
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Harry Shearer &
Ed Begley, Jr.,
Jane Lynch &
Loudon Wainwright III
Christopher Guest &
Director of Photography:
Box Office - 11/01/2006
"[C]hockfull of the low-key charm, smart performances and understated humor that characterize Guest's work....His regular cast of actors and a few new ones...bring their best to the table."
Entertainment Weekly - 11/24/2006
"Truly, the level of tender, ruthless, inspired, lethally accurate study that has gone into the follicular expression of each and every character in Christopher Guest's latest hilarious cultural corrective is something inspiring to behold." -- Grade: A-
Rolling Stone - 11/30/2006
3.5 stars out of 5 -- "Catherine O'Hara is comic perfection....O'Hara deserves Oscar consideration in her funniest, fiercest role."
Total Film - 03/01/2007
4 stars out of 5 -- "[The film] fills it to the brim with a rib-bothering assemblage of asides, observations, in-jokes...plus some of the funniest fashion and personal-grooming errors you'll see this year."
Movieline's Hollywood Life - 11/01/2006
"[I]t's a droll dissection of Oscarmania....Catherine O'Hara and Harry Shearer are both riotous and touching..."
Uncut - 03/01/2007
4 stars out of 5 -- "[The filmmakers] dispatch their slow-moving target with graceful ruthlessness....[With] the sureness of touch that comes of knowing, even quite liking, the subject of one's scorn."
Sight and Sound - 03/01/2007
"With its patient, watchful camerawork and unhurried pace, the film has a discreet, low-key elegance that makes a refreshing change from the loud, fast-tempo demands of most other Hollywood comedies."
Film About Film |
- Theatrical Release: November 17, 2006