Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$13 (68% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 11, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Imports
JazzTimes - p.94"Veasley shifts moods and tempos, keeping the music interesting while creating his best CD to date."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Hear Now
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Slip'n Side
- $0.99 on iTunes3.So Close to the Sun
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Greenwood
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Your Move
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Cross Currents
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Three Tears
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Again)
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Traveling Light
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Roxanne's Dance
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Gerald Veasley (bass instrument, 6-string bass).
On Your Move, bassist Gerald Veasley uses his musical vocabulary in a creative and personal manner to deliver inviting harmonic rhythms, extended phrases, and flexibility. This follow-up to Gerald Veasley at the Jazz Base!, a live set recorded at Veasley's club in Pennsylvania, is a richly textured recording that finds Veasley collaborating with the award-winning contemporary jazz guitarist Chuck Loeb on four songs including the title track. The sterling set opens with "Hear Now," a high-energy, funky, riff-laden tune that spotlights Veasley's exemplary execution of the melody and his solos on four- and six-string basses. "Slip 'N' Slide" features Loeb's great chops on a variety of instruments and is the kind of head-boppin' song that keeps your feet moving, but by contrast, the cool beauty of "So Close to the Sun" showcases trumpeter John Swana in a melancholy mood and is yet another indication of the rich textures on this great CD. Continuing with the feel-good feeling of the opening track, "Your Move" grooves with an easygoing mellowness that is built on a solid ground beat. The passing of a longtime friend provided the inspiration for "Three Tears," a hopeful tribute which features mournful EWI phrases played by Chris Farr. This particular composition also features Farr on saxophone using slower harmonic rhythms to give the listener a sense of peace and serenity. Veasley continues to share his compositional integrity on "Roxanne's Dance," an emotional ballad that displays Veasley's superb flexibility on five-string acoustic bass guitar and six-string bass guitar. It's quite clear that Gerald Veasley and his masterful collaborators emphasized a higher level of excellence, and the results reveal how well the different ensembles performed as unified interpreters of his musical vision. ~ Paula Edelstein
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs series:
- The Rippingtons Moonlighting (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists AM Gold: 1968 (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra Hey... Let Yourself Go! / C'mon... Get Happy! (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Manhattan School of Music Chamber Sinfonia & Opera Theater Holst - Savitri / Vaughan Williams - The Lark Ascending / Britten - Sinfonietta (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Miss World Miss World (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE