Julio Iglesias 1100 Bel Air Place
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 29, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.All Of You - (featuring Diana Ross)
- 2.Two Lovers
- 3.Bambou Medley: Il Tape Sur Des Bambous / Jamaica
- 4.The Air That I Breathe
- 5.The Last Time
- 6.Moonlight Lady
- 7.When I Fall In Love
- 8.Me Va, Me Va
- 9.If (E Poi)
- 10.To All The Girls I've Loved Before - (featuring Willie Nelson)
- 11.I Don't Want To Wake You [Single Version]
Personnel includes: Julio Iglesias, Diana Ross, Willie Nelson, The Beach Boys (vocals); Michael Landau, David Williams, Paul M. Jackson Jr., George Doering (guitar); Stan Getz (tenor saxophone); Jerry Hey, Gary Grant, Larry Hall, Chuck Findley, Charles Davis (trumpets); Richard Todd (French horns); Les Benedict, Bill Reichenbach (trombones); David Foster, Greg Phillinganes, James Newton Howard, Rafael Ferro, John Barnes, John Van Tongeren, Steve Mitchell, Nicky Hopkins, Michael Boddicker (keyboards, organs, synthesizers); Abe Laboriel, Nathan East (bass); Carlos Vega (drums); Paulinho Da Costa, Luis Conte (percussion).
Engineers: Humberto Gatica, Terry Christian.
By 1984, Julio Iglesias was the biggest star in Latin music, but he was still pretty much unknown to mainstream American audiences. Much as they would with Ricky Martin a generation later, Columbia broke Iglesias, at least temporarily, with a concerted promotional effort. Unlike the music of Martin (and Iglesias's own son Enrique), 1100 BEL AIR PLACE largely downplays Latin influences in favor of a north-of-the-border blend of easy listening and MOR pop.
Bracketed by a pair of duets--with Diana Ross on a flirty version of Cole Porter's "All of You" and Willie Nelson on the immediately epochal "To All the Girls I've Loved Before"--most of 1100 BEL AIR PLACE consists of smooth pop songs co-written by producer Albert Hammond (himself the father of a next-generation pop star, the Strokes' lead guitarist Albert Hammond Jr.) and featuring ultra-slick semi-orchestral arrangements. After this commercial bid, Iglesias returned to his Latin crooner roots, welcomed back by his core audience, augmented by a few new fans.
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 16,574
- UPC: 886977008825
- Shipping Weight: 0.23/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
International: Latin Music Categories:
- 3 Son Salsa Homenaje a los Grandes (CD) ~ $12.54
- H‚ctor Acosta La Historia: Mis Exitos (CD) ~ $9.58
- Mario Adnet From the Heart (CD) ~ $20.69
- Mario Adnet Jobim Jazz (CD) ~ $15.29
- Agua Azul Nada de Nada (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
Top ranking titles in the Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection series:
- Various Artists #1 Hits of the Summer: Summer Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists #1 Hits of the Summer: Summer Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Jukebox Hits of The '60s - Rockin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Cyrkle Red Rubber Ball (A Collection) (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop As Seen On TV, Volume 6 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE