- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 59 minutes
- Released: January 20, 2009
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Zeit Media Limited
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Of all the bands that broke through in the sixties it was the Animals who were considered to be the true purveyors of authentic R n B and the main reason for that was Eric Burdon's voice.
- After the original British Invasion subsided in America the original Animals broke up and Burdon, inspired by what he had seen on the West Coast of America formed The New Animals a band which had a more psychedelic vision (hits such as San Franciscan Nigh
- Eric Burdon continued through the seventies and eighties with a succession of bands in support of a solo career and even re formed the Animals on a number of occasions. At the time of this film he was working with another veteran of the British R N B scen
Performers, Cast and Crew:
British rock icon Eric Burdon takes center stage in this documentary that covers the musician's career. ERIC BURDON: THE ANIMALS AND BEYOND not only covers his time with the band, it also looks at his work with the New Animals as well as Eric Burdon and War. Burdon himself and his contemporaries appear in interviews to add their firsthand insight.
This film is an excellent primer covering the career of Eric Burdon and contains a number of interviews with some of the musicians who worked with him over the years including former members of the Animals (John Steel and Hilton Valentine) and the New Animals (Zoot Money). There are also interviews with Eric Burdon himself and Brian Auger who were working together in a band at the time. The film also includes clips from Eric Burdon's career which takes in rare clips from the Animals, The New Animals and Eric Burdon and War. Burdon will always be associated with the British R n B band The Animals. Coming out of Newcastle in the early sixties the band burst onto the music scene with an incredible version of The House Of The Rising Sun. The song reached number one all over the world and the band embarked on three years of intensive touring and recording which would include the hit songs We Gotta Get Out Of This Place, It's My Life and Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood.
Performing Arts |
Rock Bands |
Rock Music |