- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: May 15, 2007
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Surround 5.1 English
- Dolby Surround Stereo 2.0 French
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 01/01/1996
"...[Carrey] is graceful and elastic of frame [and] blessed with near-perfect comic timing..."
Variety - 11/13/1995
"...The new outing is as fresh, brash and outrageous as the original....Carrey is in excellent form, with razor-like observation and a pliant physicality..."
Carrey's certifiable but cool alter ego, Ace Ventura, continues his pet sleuthing in the wilds of Africa as he tries to avert a tribal war by locating a kidnapped sacred bat.
All-righty then! Ace Ventura returns in this sequel to the surprise smash hit of 1994. In Africa, a rare white bat has been kidnapped, causing strife between two tribes. Of course, the rubber-faced Ace -- who's afraid of bats -- is sent to find the missing creature, resulting in the kind of mayhem, chaos and silliness that only Ace can create.
- Released theatrically in the USA November 10, 1995, the film had an opening weekend box office gross of $40 million dollars. This is the largest amount grossed by a film on a non-holiday weekend (The previous record holder: 1994's "Interview with the Vampire").
- The film earned $110 million domestically at the box office.
- Color by DuArt.
- In SDDS Sound.
- Additional credits: Cathy Morrison (animal trainer); Alan P. Edminsten, Alan Bradford Curtis, Dal Nielsen, Eric Oliver, Richard Flower, Bonnie R. Benwick, Kathy Houghton (assistant directors); John E. Sullivan (2nd unit director of photography); Peter Montgomery, Carolyn Soper (visual effects); Jef B. Adams, Jr., Adele Plauche (set design); Cheryl Leigh Ptak (key make-up artist/make-up design).