Firesign Theatre Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Firesign Theatre ~ Box of Danger: The Complete Nick Danger Casebook (4-CD Box Set) ~ $40.69
- by National Lampoon ~ The Classic National Lampoon (4-CD) ~ $16.59
- by Lord Buckley ~ His Royal Hipness ~ $13.25
- Released: December 4, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Rolling Stone - 10/15/70, p.32"...The secret message of the Firesign's last album was that the United States had lost its gigantic war on fascism...But this record will send you coasting on gales of laughter to a very unpleasant realization: time is running out..."
This third album by the Firesign Theatre, widely considered their masterpiece, introduces one of the comedy troupe's most enduring characters, an Everyman named George Leroy Tirebiter. Their first album to follow one theme and character through the whole of both sides, DON'T CRUSH THAT DWARF is an impressionistic travel through the life of Tirebiter, from childhood to old age, using the sound of a television changing channels to mark the beginning and ending of sketches.
That sounds straightforward enough, but as with all things Firesign Theatre, it isn't--the sketches are so densely layered, both in terms of the story and the actual soundscape of the album, that multiple listens are essential for catching even a third of the jokes. Headphones are a must for anyone who wants to delve deeper into the album than that, as is patience and a free-associative mind. DON'T CRUSH THAT DWARF, HAND ME THE PLIERS probably isn't the best starting point for Firesign Theatre neophytes--the more discrete standalone pieces on WAITING FOR THE ELECTRICIAN OR SOMEONE LIKE HIM are a lot easier to get into--but once attuned to their mindset, it's their most satisfying record.
Firesign TheatreHow Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You're Not... (CD)
Firesign TheatreWaiting For The Electrician, Or Someone Like Him (CD)
Waiting For The Electrician, Or Someone Like Him (CD)(22)
Box of Danger: The Complete Nick Danger Casebook (4-CD Box...(8)
$40.69 Super Savings
Anythynge You Want To: Shakespeare's Lost Comedie (CD)(2)
How Can You Be In Two Places At Once When You're Not... (CD)(60)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 43 ratings.
Based on 43 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 17,203
- UPC: 886976985929
- Shipping Weight: 0.19/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Soundsystem (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Uplifter (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE