Thin Lizzy Thin Lizzy [Limited Edition]
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 18, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Mercury
- $0.99 on iTunes1.The Friendly Ranger At Clontarf Castle
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Honesty Is No Excuse
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Diddy Levine
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Ray Gun
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Look What The Wind Blew In
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Eire
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Return of the Farmer's Son
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Clifton Grange Hotel
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Saga of the Ageing Orphan
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Remembering
- 11.The Farmer
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Dublin
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Remembering
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Old Moon Madness
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Things Ain't Working Out Down At the Farm
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Look What the Wind Blew In - (remix)
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Honesty is No Excuse - (remix)
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Dublin - (remix)
- $0.99 on iTunes19.Things Ain't Working Out Down At the Farm - (remix)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
This includes an 8 page color booklet and also the band's 1st EP as bonus tracks.
Personnel: Phil Lynott (vocals, acoustic guitar); Eric Bell (guitar, 12-string guitar); Bryan Downey (drums, percussion).
Audio Remasterer: Paschal Byrne.
Liner Note Author: Mark Powell.
Photographers: Jennifer Edwards; Barry Plummer.
On its self-titled debut album, Thin Lizzy was still a few records away from becoming the dual-guitar driven hard-rock juggernaut that it became in the mid-'70s. Instead, this 1971 release found Phil Lynott, Eric Bell, and Brian Downey crafting a conceptual piece that melded the lyricism of Bruce Springsteen with a progressive musical base that at times evoked harder-edged Yes.
Predominantly penned by frontman/bassist Lynott, THIN LIZZY contains material inspired by experiences that the trio had growing up in working-class Dublin. The sprawling "Diddy Levine" is a song about a mother forced to raise a child alone after its father abandons the family (reflecting Lynott's mixed-parentage background) while the eclectic "Clifton Grange Hotel" is the name of an establishment managed by Lynott's mother. Elsewhere, songs such as the staccato "Look What the Wind Blew In" and the gorgeous "Honesty is no Excuse" portray Lynott as both a wild-eyed lady's man and sentimental romantic, respectively. "Remembering Part I" is an epic stroll down memory lane that closes out the original running order. The four-track bonus EP added on to the CD reissue is also a nostalgic collection and includes the sweeping "Remembering Part 2 [New Day]" and the delicate ballad "Dublin."
Rockthology - Hard 'n' Heavy, Volumes 5 & 6 (2-DVD)
$9.98 on SALE
Live and Dangerous (Includes Bonus CD, "Live from Derby... (DVD)
$16.51 Super Savings
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$3.85 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
$1.98 on SALE