- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 24, 2007
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Subtitles - English (SHD), French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Audio Commentary: William Dear - Director
- HARRY...FINDING THE MISSING LINK
- Making Of HARRY AND THE HENDERSONS
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Academy Awards 1987 -
An easy-going father's life is suddenly turned upside down when his car hits a real-life bigfoot. Thinking it's dead, they bring it home only to find that it is quite alive. Trying to hide their furry friend as they race to get him back to his natural environment isn't so easy. Academy Award Nominations: Best Makeup.
George Henderson takes his family on a hunting trip in the Pacific Northwest, where they discover the legendary Bigfoot when it accidentally stumbles in front of their station wagon and gets run over. Excited by his rare find, George straps the monster to the roof of the car and takes it back to the Seattle suburbs. But the beast turns out to be alive and within minutes has transformed their dream home into a pile of drywall and splinters. They soon discover, however, that the creature has a genuine heart of gold as well as a brain, and they grow quite fond of the family's new addition. This makes things all the worse when local hunters start setting their sights on the Henderson's beloved, oversized pet.
- Color by Deluxe.
- "Harry" was designed by Rick Baker.