- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 51 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 12, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English, French
- Subtitles - English (SDH), French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Alternate Scenes wtih Optional Commentary by Writer/Director Billy Ray and Editor Jeffrey Ford
- Audio Commentary: Bill Ray - Writer/Director; Eric O'Niell - Former FBI Operative
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Writer/Director Billy Ray and Editor Jeffrey Ford
- BREACHING THE TRUTH
- "Anatomy of a Character"
- "The Mole" (March 5, 2001)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 02/16/2007
"[A] thriller that manages to excite and unnerve....[Mr. Cooper] rouses our curiosity but never solicits our pity. It's enough that he and Mr. Ray make this monster human."
USA Today - 02/16/2007
3 stars out of 4 -- "[A]n edge-of-the-seat thriller....BREACH is a compelling, intelligent drama."
Entertainment Weekly - 02/23/2007
"[A] true-life tale of duplicity gone secretly insane..." -- Grade: B
Rolling Stone - 03/08/2007
3.5 stars out of 5 -- "[The director] raises the stakes to life and death, and proves himself a filmmaker of uncommon talent and ambition."
Variety - 02/09/2007
"BREACH absorbingly zeroes in on how the FBI nailed the most damaging turncoat in American history..."
Box Office - 04/01/2007
"[Cooper is a] venerable character actor who inhabits the man completely."
Ultimate DVD - 07/01/2007
4 stars out of 5 -- "Chris Cooper and Ryan Philippe are perfectly cast as the enigmatic, unlikely traitor and his secretive clerk..."
Uncut - 09/01/2007
4 stars out of 5 -- "[At the centre of it is a chilling performance from Cooper as a hunted, lonely man, staring down the barrel of his conscience."
Total Film - 09/01/2007
3 stars out of 5 -- "[I]t's worth catching for Cooper's performance, while its fact-based tale of treachery will strike a chord in today's climate of suspicion."
Sight and Sound - 09/01/2007
"BREACH is an intelligent, superior entertainment....Engrossing..."
Empire - 09/01/2007
3 stars out of 5 -- "There's good work from Laura Linney....The film will be remembered for giving Chris Cooper another top-flight role..."
FBI Agents |
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release: February 16, 2007