- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 9 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: May 22, 2007
- Originally Released: 1947
- Label: Turner Home Ent
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A determined railroad builder encounters construction problems while building a railroad in South America.
An action-packed romantic movie about an engineer's attempt to build a railroad tunnel in the Andes Mountains.
Johnny Munroe is a tough builder who, along with partner Pop Mathews, has been hired by tycoon Frederick Alexander to pull off the difficult task. Although Johnny and Pop think that it would be far easier to lay the train tracks on a bridge spanning a river, Frederick insists on a tunnel. The contractors get to work despite their qualms over the project, but complications quickly arise.
Adding to the tension is a romance that blossoms between Johnny and Maura, Frederick's daughter -- a relationship the magnate will do anything to end...
- The Turner videocassette is part of the "RKO Collection."
- Color by Technicolor.
- Released theatrically in the USA December, 1947.