- Number of Discs: 4
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 8 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 17, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Sony Pictures
- 4-Disc Set
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Stereo - English
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioned
- Subtitles - Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary
- Behind the Scenes: "The Making of THE LARRY SANDERS SHOW"
- Alternate Scenes: Deleted Scenes
- Including Rip Torn, Jeffrey Tambor - Stars; Bob Odenkirk, Sarah Silverman - Guest Stars
- Alec Baldwin, Tom Petty, Jerry Seinfeld - Featured (8; "Gary Shandling's Personal Visits")
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 04/13/2007
"[O]ne of the most remarkable DVD sets ever release....A portrait of one of the most complex comedians ever."
This critically acclaimed series, which ran from 1992 to 1998, focuses on the behind-the-scenes antics of self-loathing late night talk show host Larry Sanders (Garry Shandling) and his funny and often surprising interactions with crew, writers, and guests. Real celebrities appear on Larry's show as themselves, but the fun happens before and after the show and during the commercial breaks. A fine supporting cast, led by Rip Torn as cantankerous producer Artie and Jeffrey Tambor as Larry's insecure sidekick Hank, helped to earn the program numerous Emmys and Cable Ace Awards. This four-volume set features 23 of the series' funniest episodes, but also goes beyond that with exclusive interviews from stars such as Alec Baldwin, David Duchovny, Ellen DeGeneres, and Jon Stewart, as well as commentaries, documentaries, and interviews with the cast.