- Released: September 11, 2001
- Originally Released: 1979
- Label: Sanctuary Records
Q - 4/01, p.1243 stars out of 5
- "...Distinctive...sounding like it was recorded with the leftovers from the amphetamine budget and leaking gloriously primordial sump-oil charisma..."
- 1.Dead Men Tell No Tales
- 3.Sweet Revenge
- 6.Stone Dead Forever
- 7.All the Aces
- 8.Step Down
- 9.Talking Head
- 11.Over the Top - (B-Side)
- 12.Leaving Here - (live, Golden Years EP)
- 13.Stone Dead Forever - (alternate take, live)
- 14.Dead Men Tell No Tales - (live, Golden Years EP)
- 15.Too Late Too Late - (live, Golden Years)
Mot”rhead: Lemmy Kilmister (vocals, bass guitar); "Fast" Eddie Clarke (guitar); Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor (drums, percussion).
One of a trifecta of classic Motorhead albums featuring the group's penultimate lineup of Lemmy (bass/vocals), Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor (drums), and "Fast" Eddie Clarke (guitar), BOMBER (the other two being OVERKILL and ACE OF SPADES) is as loud, fast, raw, and heavy as music gets. The title track and the opener, "Dead Men Tell No Tales," remain two of the group's all-time definitive tracks, both showcasing Lemmy's patented hoarse growl and distorted bass riffing to spine-tingling and head-banging effect.