- Rated: G
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: May 22, 2007
- Originally Released: 1969
- Label: Paramount
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Academy Awards 1969 -
Best Actor: John Wayne
Entertainment Weekly - 06/01/2007
"[Wayne] charges through with a rollicking star turn."
Ultimate DVD - 08/01/2007
5 stars out of 5 -- "[A] smartly written, beautifully photographed piece of cinema history."
A.V. Club - 01/07/2010
"It isn't just a movie about the ways of the vanishing WEst; it's about the ways of the vanishing Western." -- Grade: B+
Total Film - 03/01/2011
4 stars out of 5 -- "[Wayne] simply gives us his best late-career Wayne, just with an eyepatch. And yes, he's darn good at it."
Oscar winning performance by John Wayne as Rooster Cogburn, the one-eyed, eye-patched Deputy Marshal who helps a stubborn, yet resourceful, teenage girl find the murderer of her father.
Essential Cinema |
Theatrical Release |
- Shot in Technicolor on location in California and Colorado.
- Additional credits: Jack Wilson (makeup supervisor); John Burton (set decorator); Roy Meadows & Elden Rubert (sound recordists).
- Additional cast: John Pickard (Frank Ross) and Ken Renard (Yarnell Poindexter).