- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 3, 2009
- Originally Released: 1982
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case - Sensormatic
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Mono - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English
- Subtitles - English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Additional Products:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Paul Kratka &
Terry Ballard &
Frank Mancuso, Jr.
New York Times - 08/13/1982
"...Better than Part I or Part II even without the 3-D..."
Jason Voorhees (Richard Brooker) returns again to Camp Crystal Lake, where he drowned nearly three decades before while some negligent camp counselors made out on the beach. Understandably upset by this turn of events, Jason continues to haunt his old stomping grounds, dealing death to those thrill-seeking teens who venture into the woods. This time around, Jason faces tougher victims in the form of a motorcycle gang and dons what is to become his trademark hockey mask. The original theatrical release featured 3-D effects.
- Shot in Movielab color and 3D.
- Produced by Jason Productions for Paramount Pictures.
- Additional cast: Rachel Howard (Chili), David Katims (Chuck), Nick Savage (All), Gloria Charles (Fox), and Kevin O'Brien (Loco).
- Rated BBFC X by the British Board of Film Classification.