- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 2 hours, 6 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: May 22, 2007
- Originally Released: 1974
- Label: Fox Searchlight
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French
- DTS (unspecified) - English
- Mono - English
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 01/01/2001
"...[Lee] is a class act..."
James Bond may have met his match in the form of an eccentric assassin.
The usual gadgets and stunts take a back seat to humor in this installment of the popular spy series. Superagent 007 is pulled from a missing persons case in order to track down a legendary hit man using custom-made golden bullets to silence his targets. Lately the sniper has been stirring up a lot of trouble on the world scene, and Bond goes after him with an arsenal of wit, innuendo, and double entendres. But once he unearths the murderer's clandestine Hong Kong lair, our hero discovers that the two cases are hopelessly intertwined -- and connected to a dastardly plot for world domination.
James Bond |
Secret Agents |
Theatrical Release |
- THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN was Ian Fleming's final Bond novel.
- Maud Adams is the only actress to play a major role in more than one Bond film. She later appeared in OCTOPUSSY (1983).
- The exterior shots of the sunken Queen Elizabeth were filmed at the Hong Kong site of the real-life wreck.