America Lost and Found: The BBS Story (Head / Easy Rider / Five Easy Pieces / Drive, He Said / A Safe Place / The Last Picture Show / The King of Marvin Gardens) (9-DVD)
Only 5 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$79.99 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$19.96 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Also released as:
- Number of Discs: 9
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 11 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 14, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Criterion
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Audio commentaries for Head, Easy Rider, Five Easy Pieces, A Safe Place, and The Last Picture Show
- Selected-scene commentary for the king of marvin gardens
- Hours of new and archival interviews and documentaries
- Outtakes, screen tests, tv and radio spots, stills galleries, and trailers
- Plus: a booklet featuring essays by critics Chuck Stephens, Matt Zoller Seitz, Kent Jones, Graham Fuller, Mark Le Fanu, and J Hoberman
- Special Edition
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Davy Jones, Michael Nesmith, Jack Nicholson, Dennis Hopper & Peter Fonda|
|Produced by||Bob Rafelson, Bert Schneider & Steve Blauner|
Of all the Hollywood studios that proliferated during the late 1960s and early 1970s, few were as influential or as legendary as BBS. Co-founded by Bob Rafelson, Bert Schneider and Steve Blauner, the production house succeeded at tapping into the countercultural mindset of America's youth as none had before - and singlehandedly set the stage for a decade of moviemaking that witnessed visionary directors taking the creative reins from producers. The studio's track record began with HEAD (1968) - an attempt to do for The Monkees what A HARD DAY'S NIGHT had done for The Beatles. But its fortunes rocketed into the stratosphere with one of the highest-grossing and most iconic movies ever made - the Dennis Hopper-directed biker picture EASY RIDER (1969). Legendary successes quickly followed - among them FIVE EASY PIECES (1970) and THE LAST PICTURE SHOW (1971) - as well as lesser-known efforts that, even to this day, demonstrate remarkable ingenuity, craftsmanship, and singularity of vision (A SAFE PLACE, DRIVE, HE SAID, THE KING OF MARVIN GARDENS). All of the said titles appear in this unique and spectacular collection, which features a host of supplements accompanying each film.
10 Minute Solution - Belly, Butt & Thigh Blasters (Includes... (DVD)
$13.34 Super Savings
America Lost and Found: The BBS Story (Head / Easy Rider /... (DVD)
$79.99 Super Savings
America Lost and Found: The BBS Story (Blu-ray, Criterion...
$101.21 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 21 ratings.
Based on 21 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE