Patrick Doyle Eragon [Music from the Motion Picture]
- Released: December 12, 2006
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Composer: Patrick Doyle.
Composer Patrick Doyle, who cast a dark cloud (in a good way) over Harry Potter on the soundtrack to 2005's Goblet of Fire does just the opposite for the film adaptation of the popular young adult novel Eragon. An amalgamation of the worlds of Potter, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Anne Mcaffery's Dragonriders of Pern, Eragon is a by-the-book fantasy and it deserves a predictable score. Doyle takes a page from every schmaltzy trick in the "adventure film's composer" book, pulling the pulpy bits from John Williams and the heavy bits from Howard Shore with confidence and precision, but it doesn't make it worth listening to. The two non-orchestral pieces, "Keep Holding On" by Avril Lavigne and "Once in Every Lifetime" from singer/songwriter Jem sound exactly like what one would expect from the titles. ~ James Christopher Monger
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2-Disc Special Ed.) (DVD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 25,159
- UPC: 886977080821
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Rock & Pop: Film Composers Music Categories:
- Aaron Zigman The Ugly Truth [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (CD) ~ $17.08
- Bryan Adams / Hans Zimmer Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (Music from the Original Motion Picture) (CD) ~ $9.89
Woody Allen Woody Allen More Movie Music (CD) ~
$7.64 Super Savings
- Alvin & the Chipmunks Alvin and the Chipmunks [Original Soundtrack] (CD) ~ $5.38
Michael Andrews Donnie Darko [Original Motion Picture Score] (CD) ~
$12.87 Super Savings